BIOENERGY in EU countries – Current Status and Future Trends
Second edition, Cluj-Napoca, 25-27 May 2011
In 2010, the Research Institute for Analytical Instrumentation from Cluj-Napoca, through its Technology Transfer Center CENTI, organized the first edition of the International Forum BIOENERGY in EU countries- Current Status and Future Trends. The event was co-organized together with the University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca, Bavarian Research Alliance from Munchen, Chamber of Commerce and Industry Szekesfehervar and Romanian-Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Through its thematic, the International forum aimed to create a platform for exchanging ideas between EU specialists. SMEs and local stakeholders implied in the field of the renewable energies.
In this sense, the event framed itself in the present trends of promoting and use of renewable energies in all EU countries, thus encouraging the Romanian SMEs to involve themselves in this activity field.
The International Forum was honoured to have as speakers the following green energy experts:
● Prof.PhD.Eng. Kalmár Ferenc, University of Debrecen, Hungary – Geothermal energy
● PhD Eng. Aurel Setel, University of Oradea, Romania – Geothermal energy
● Tibor Enyingi – Executive manager of Natúrzóna Ltd., Hungary – Biogas
● PhD student Hans-Joachim Nägele, Hohenheim University, Stuttgart, Germany – Biogas
● PhD student Timea Gabor, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania – Heat pumps
● Prof.PhD.Eng. Tiberiu Rusu, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania – Heat pumps
● PhD Gerhard Moitzi, Department of Sustainable Agricultural Systems, BOKU – University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria – Biofuels
● PhD G. Baraldi, University of Bologna, Italy – Biofuels
● PhD M. Caliceti, University of Bologna, Italy – Biofuels
● PhD G.Capelli, University of Bologna, Italy – Biofuels
● PhD Thomas Ammerl, Bavarian Research Alliance Munchen, Germany – European funding
● Prof.PhD.Eng. Dan Savescu, Transilvania University of Brasov, Romania – Technological and business incubators involved in the bioenergy field.
Due to its highly topical area, the Forum works were attended by a large number of participants, coming from regional universities, SMEs, non-profit organisations a.o.
The great success of the event has made the organisers to start the preparations for the second edition of the International Forum BIOENERGY in EU countries – Current Status and Future Trends, which is planned to be held in Cluj-Napoca, 25-27 May 2011.
This edition will also be honoured by the participation of EU specialists from Austria, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Romania.
The draft programme of the event is presented below:
Wednesday, 25 May 2011 – Opening evening
Thursday, 26 May 2011 – 09.00- 17.00 hrs. – International Forum works
Friday, 27 May 2011 – Visit to regional enterprises working in bioenergy field.
Additional information coming soon !!!!